Daily Archives: May 10, 2020

HD Update

Today ill be setting up EmeraldAI for the dinos, adding in ferns, and dead trees. Im using HDRISky instead of volumetric clouds, as they have a big impact on performance (-10-20 FPS). I will say however, CloudsToy was very close to being used, but i had to mod things so far to get it to be performant, that the looks suffered badly. Heres a SS with grass and HDRISky added:

More Good News

Heya guys, i have more good news, i just added all of the grass to the scene/level, and we are at 85-90 FPS. If my calculations are correct, HDRP should be no problem for JE!! Keep in mind that HDRP isnt easy to dev with, almost everything you do, impacts performance. Thanks to my teacher i had some tricks up my sleeve, and they worked great.

Even if at the end of a complete scene/level im at 60+ FPS, thats good enough for me, and now we can have HDRP (you guys asked for it). Theres not much more to add into the 1st scene, so my calculations read that when complete ill be around 60-70 FPS, ill take it, lol. And theres still alot more optimization/tricks i can do if needed.

HDRP will work fine for the project, i just want a final workflow for HDRP, so i can finish the project. I really only have 1 concern…clouds. As so far ive imported and tried a few, and even modded them heavily, but they have a big impact on performance. Not to worry ill work something out, i always do 🙂

:)

JE 3 HDRP WIP

Well things are going better than expected for a change, lol. Feels good to be working in HDRP again. Heres the update:

  • New terrain added in and textured.
  • Trees are in, wind/foliage shader added.
  • Dilophosaurus, triceratops and velociraptors added (no AI yet).
  • UltimateUFPS 2.0 controller added in.

ALOT of optimization was done to PPE, textures/materials, dinos, and controller model. Alot of shader work was also done. I spent roughly 3-4 hours adding in assets one at a time, and optimizing them before adding the next. The best news is performance is real nice, running at 90-100 FPS at this point (thats double of what i had before). Heres a short video showing current state, lots more to do, but shaping up nicely: